Posts by Tongston Holdings:
5 ways to get a pay raise and to negotiate better pay.
Getting better pay is definitely one of the best ways to raise your means. You already know that putting in more work hours and even heading to your boss’s office to ask for it yourself is one way to get it; however, in this blog post, we are going to unravel what exactly you may be missing about getting a better pay raise and negotiating a better pay.
- Being efficient with turning in your deliverables would definitely ensure that you get a pay raise. Unfortunately, if you have not been as efficient in your work as you would want, you can employ time management tools to help keep track of the time
spent on tasks. A good rule of thumb is to complete easy tasks as quickly as possible. There is no need to delay sending that email for two weeks.
- Acquiring a managerial soft skill is important to getting better pay. Usually, better pay is associated with a higher level of responsibility in the workplace. However, a higher responsibility would require that you have soft skills such as people skills,
emotional management, time management and project management. Make sure that you invest in these skills to enable you to qualify for promotions at work and then get a better pay raise.
- Invest in attending conferences, seminars, webinars, and workshops: Building a network is a must if you want to have positive growth in your career and qualify for a pay raise or to negotiate better pay.
- Strive for an intrapreneurship mindset: Entrepreneurs establish a business, while intrapreneurs ensure that the business remains profitable and sustainable. Intrapreneurs apply entrepreneurial skills to develop projects and initiatives within an
organization. If you owned a business, you would be more inclined to reward an employee that is generating influence, profitability and growth for your brand.
- Develop your personal brand: Developing your personal brand is like creating an attractive billboard for potential customers. Make a curated portfolio that contains your updated resume and work history. Also make good use of social media
platforms such as LinkedIn.
To learn more about improving your business brand and getting a pay raise enroll in our business and career advisory session today.